Thank you for your interest in becoming a network provider with Harbor Health. We seek to establish contracts with exceptional providers, and look forward to working with you to provide quality service for our members.
For additional information, please contact Provider Services at 1-844-427-2671.
Harbor Health credentials and recredentials all practitioners/providers who provide services to Plan members. The Plan is dedicated to contracting with high quality institutions, physicians and allied health care professionals to ensure members are receiving quality health care and services.
The scope of the Plan’s Credentialing Program encompasses credentialing and recredentialing activities for:
- Physicians (MD/DO)
- Podiatrists (DPM)
- Optometrists (OD)
- Chiropractors (DC)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Behavioral Medicine Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Skilled Nursing Facilities and Nursing Homes
- Urgent Care Centers
- Durable Medical Equipment Suppliers
- Maternal Infant Health Providers
- Physical Therapy
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Pain Management Centers
Criteria for Participation
The Credentialing Department uses nationally developed criterion to determine the qualifications of practitioners applying to the Plan:
- Completed MAHP or CAQH Credentialing Application with Attestation & Consent
- Addendum to Credentialing/Recredentialing application
- Current & Valid State of Michigan Controlled Substance, if applicable
- Current & Valid Federal DEA Controlled Substance Registration License
- Current Malpractice Coverage (minimum amount required by Pro Care is $100,000/ 300,000).
- Graduation from Medical or Professional school and completion of Residency training in practice specialty, as applicable
- Evidence of American Board certification/qualification. In absence of Board certification/qualification, must have completed residency/fellowship training in practice specialty. (Special note for DPM’s: must have completed 2-year residency program
- Clinical privileges in good standing at a participating hospital (if applicable). Exceptions include dermatologists, radiologists and chiropractors. Medical doctors with no clinical privileges must have an agreement with a participating physician with privileges at a participating hospital to cover inpatient admissions
- Eligible to participate in the Medicaid program with no pending sanctions
- Successful completion of facility site review (FSR) if applicable
- Service availability and accessibility
If you are interested in becoming a Harbor Health provider, please apply at caqh.org/access-upd or complete the MAHP Standard Practitioner Application located in the Forms Section. If completing the MAHP application, you may email it to KBrown@HarborHealthPlan.com or mail to the address below:
Mail to: Credentialing Department
3663 Woodward, Suite 120
Detroit, MI 48201
Harbor Health would like to invite participating providers to participate on our Credentialing & Peer Review Committees. Please contact Kristin Brown at (313) 335-3371 if you are interested in participating.